Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Living by.

I'm in the middle of this weird internal frame of mind where I have the blogging bug, but at the same time, am facing some impenetrable mental block. So instead of writing things straight from the brain, I thought maybe I'd just start a little collection of all of the quotes and lyrics and mantras that have gotten me through the last year plus.  When I got a new phone last week, I ended up looking through some of the notes I'd saved with the quotes, and it made me realize I wanted to save them all for posterity, so here goes...
 
"The clock never stops, never stops, never waits.  She's growing old; it's getting late." - Ben Folds

"Everybody knows it hurts to grow up, and everybody knows it's so weird to be back here." - Ben Folds

"We're all okay, until the day we're not.  The surface shines, while the inside rots. We raced the sunset, and we almost won. We slammed the brakes, but the wheels went on." - Rise Against

"It happens to everyone as they grow up.  You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you've known forever don't see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on." - Nicholas Sparks

"Just know, when you truly want success, you'll never give up on it.  No matter how bad the situation may get." - Unknown

"Remember that happiness is a way of travel, not a destination." -Roy Goodman

"The powers of this world are very strong. Men and women are moved by tides much fiercer than you can imagine, and they sweep us all into the current." - Philip Pullman, The Golden Compass

"Remember, then, that you are not managing an inconvenience; you are raising a human being." - Kittie Frantz


“Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I'm glad for that." - Ally Condie


“'Dear God,' she prayed, 'let me be something every minute of every hour of my life. Let me be gay; let me be sad. Let me be cold; let me be warm. Let me be hungry...have too much to eat. Let me be ragged or well dressed. Let me be sincere - be deceitful. Let me be truthful; let me be a liar. Let me be honorable and let me sin. Only let me be something every blessed minute. And when I sleep, let me dream all the time so that not one little piece of living is ever lost.' - Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

And my two very favorites for last...

"You know what? Just move on. Move on with life, and leave those who don't care about you behind. Don't stress over anyone anymore. Don't continue to hold on to those words and promises they once told you. They proved themselves wrong; all it did was hurt you. Just keep fighting. Move on because they were just a chapter in the past - but don't close the book. Keep your head up high, and just turn the page." - Unknown

“Your 20’s are your ‘selfish’ years. It’s a decade to immerse yourself in every single thing possible. Be selfish with your time, and all the aspects of you. Tinker with shit, travel, explore, love a lot, love a little, and never touch the ground.” - Kyoko Escamilla







No comments:

Post a Comment