Thursday, September 12, 2013

Get ready, 'cause here I come.



I think I start the majority of my posts off with some rendition of “It’s been so long since I updated, and so much has happened… blah blah blah”, that it feels redundant to start another one off like that, but well…. It’s been so long since I updated, and so much has happened. :P  I’m having one of those “where to even start?” moments.  

In the last month, I’ve managed to start my fall semester, break my knee, start a new job, throw my daughter’s 4th birthday party, get my divorce finalized, and meet a wonderful guy.  I’ll skip the boring stuff, and just say that I somehow managed to break my patella on my first day of class, which resulted in a lot of pain, a huge injury, a stack of medical bills, and massive surgery in less than a week.  Like I said, boring stuff.  Perhaps I’ll go into more detail after the surgery is behind me and I’m holed up in my bed for two weeks.  

My new job is awesome.  I’m working in the box office for a concert venue, and it’s turning out to be a lot of fun.  I worked the Mumford & Sons concert last night, and I loved the atmosphere and the fast paced movement of what I was doing.  Classes are going well so far, despite having missed nearly two weeks after my injury.  I’m maintaining A’s across the board, and I’m very pleased with myself.  It’s wonderful to have a feeling of accomplishment when you get a good test grade back that you know you studied hard for.  

My girl hasn’t yet turned 4 years old, but we did throw her 4th birthday party last week, and it was a little bit of an emotional day for me.  I can’t even believe that my girl is already well past toddlerhood and bounding into straight up childhood.  I went back and checked out the blog I wrote from when Cori was born, and it’s just mind blowing that it’s been nearly 4 years.  Have I said that enough?  Time flies, man, especially when you’re a parent.  I think life turns to super speed when you became a mama or a daddy.  Anyway, her party was Disney princess themed, full of Rapunzel and Sofia the First, and pretty much anything purple and girly.  She had a couple of tantrums, but overall, she did well, based on her personality and overall disposition.  I invited several friends and lots of family, and I was so glad to see the people I love come together to celebrate my girl.  She’s worth it all.
 
Anyway, I’ll save the divorce and new guy part of my story for my next post.  It’ll be tonight, promise, but I have to run for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment