Sunday, May 22, 2011

Edging closer.

Tomorrow, I'll be full term and I. Am. Ready. I've realized today that there really is no comfortable way to use a lap top computer when you are 9 months pregnant. You can't set it on your lap because your gigantic belly is in the way. You can't lay back and rest it on your belly because that's just uncomfortable, and, let's face it, the baby is going to try to kick it off. It's a good thing we don't have to leave the house too much because one of the only things that even fits me at this point is Jesse's marshmallow PT pants from BCT. I tried putting on some of my workout pants the other day to lay around in, and, surprise surprise, they wouldn't move an inch over my hips. Needless to say, I am so ready to wear my pre-pregnancy clothes and stop feeling like a whale. :) Honestly, it is a little bittersweet since this is the last time I'll be pregnant. It's weird to think about, but I'm pretty confident two kids is all that Jesse and I will ever want. I'm excited to watch the scale drop back down so that I'm finally back into my weigh comfort zone. I hope that the weight will fall off as effortlessly as it did after I had Cori, but I don't know how realistic that really is. I somehow managed to lose 70 lbs by 6 months postpartum with Cori, which put me 20 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight. If I was able to do the same thing this time, I would be below my ideal weight by about 10 pounds. It's a nice thought, but I'm not getting my expectations too high. I hear the weight gets tougher to lose the more pregnancies you go through, so I'll just have to wait and see what my body decides to do.

37 weeks tomorrow. 37 weeks! That's a little hard to believe. :) Dearest Avery, if you want to wait for Aunt Stephanie to get here before you make your appearance, I totally understand. However, if you just really feel like coming out before then, I could totally get on board with that. Just make sure you're done cooking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment