Friday, November 27, 2009

Couch to 5K

In an effort to drop the baby weight (plus some), I started the Couch to 5K program lats week. It's a program by Cool Runnings that gets a non-runner running a 5K in just 9 weeks. It's a simple program with huge results. I'm in week 2 right now, and absolutely loving it. For the first time in my life, I get excited about going to the gym and I'm feeling so motivated.

Since giving birth to Cori, I've dropped 38 pounds, and I now weigh 186. It's not a weight that I'm proud of, but I gained a LOT of weight during pregnancy and I was already at my heaviest when I got pregnant. I'm determined to get back down to 155 or 160. In about 25 minutes, I'm going about 1.3 miles between jogging and walking, and burning about 160 or so calories with an average heart rate of about 175. I keep the incline at a grade of at least 2% and climb about 170 feet or more each time.

I am so excited to see those numbers increase as my weight drops over the next two months! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment